_ Westlake Village, California Sexual Harassment Attorney
Sexual harassment is an assault on a person’s dignity and worth. It can be emotionally scarring and even physically debilitating. Despite efforts to eliminate sexual harassment from the workplace, offending behavior continues and victims seek recourse through the law. If you believe you have been a victim of sexual harassment, Law Offices of Stephan Math is here to help. Attorney Stephan Math has more than 37 years of experience litigating cases and negotiating settlements.
Understanding sexual harassment and the law
Sexual harassment is recognized as a form of discrimination outlawed by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It exists when unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature are linked to employment or career advancement, or simply make one’s job intolerable.
Remedies to compensate and restore victims of sexual harassment
- ➢ Back pay – wages, salary, and fringe benefits that the victim would have received from the point at which she or he was denied employment or promotion up to the date of the trial
- ➢ Compensatory damages – for emotional distress, pain and suffering, mental anguish, etc.
- ➢ Attorney’s fees – at the court’s discretion, to the prevailing party
- ➢ Punitive damages – limited to cases in which the employer’s behavior was intentional, with malice or reckless indifference toward the victim
- ➢ Front pay – compensation for anticipated future losses in cases where reinstatement is not practical
- ➢ Injunctive relief, including reinstating a fired employee or ordering the employer to change policies and practices that allowed the harassment to occur, is also available.
Contact Law Offices of Stephan Math, a determined fighter for gender equality
To schedule an appointment to discuss your discrimination claim with Law Offices of Stephan Math, call our Agoura Hills, California office at 805.300.2097 or contact us online.